Navigation Menu

5BX (or When the Spring Comes)

As I reach my late 30s, although I have been going to a fitness center for 3 years, I have started to face with weigth problems. This is also because I come home late from office and eat dinner after that.

To fix this, I quit eating at home. Instead, I snack at the office with fruits, yoğurt and green vegetables. Also, I monitor my calories and acitivities from my iphone by using an application (fitwell).

Finally, I started 5BX, a training I saw in GQ magazine by Tony Parsons.

5BX is a training that had been used by Canadian Royal Air Forces, between 1950s and 2000s. Since, the snowy climate was not suitable, the soldiers had done this training in their indoor bases without using any equipment. This exercise have been popular also in the US and UK.

In summary, without giving any break, you do 5 sets of exercises by using your body weight, in maximum 11 minutes. There are 6 degrees and 12 steps in each degree. You go to the next step after you practice everyday the current step.
 
Since the training is 10 minutes you have no excuses related to lack of time.

I liked it very much and advise you to begin before summer comes. Below, you may see the related book, description and video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5BX

5BX Kitabı PDF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxw35ppsy5M


0 comments: